Use Shorter Emails



In this fast pace world where nearly everybody gets too much email, you need to get your point across, and be done with it.

This is why I suggest 3-5 page articles.

Who wants to, or has the time to read a 15-25 page email?

And when you’re writing an email ad, such as a solo ad where there is no content, this holds true even more so.


There is no point in trying to sell your product in the email. That will just cost you visitors.

Most of my emails don't even state that I have a product or am selling one. I let the sales letter handle the selling.

I have found that short teaser email ads generate the most visitors, sales and subscribers.

Here is a quick format for when writing solo ads that I use:

- Teaser question/headline
- Short paragraph describing a main benefit
- Link to the web site with call to action
- Another short paragraph expressing a limit of some sort
  (like "This information will not be available for long")
- Link to the web site with call to action
- My name
- Post script

That format is very simple to follow and works well.




No comments:

Post a Comment