There are
many different types and formats that you can run with, and of course there is
also scheduling and the choice of selling advertising in your issues as well to
think about.
First, you
must pick a market. If you have your own product already, then start an ezine
in that market to help promote your product and future products.
If you do not
have a market to publish in yet, don’t worry, you don’t need a product to start
an ezine.
But you must
still pick a market. After that, you just need to set up a publishing schedule
of some sort and pick a format.
Here are the
setups that I know work!
- Schedule
I suggest you
send out an ezine with a 3-5 page article of good information about once or
twice per month at the least with once per week being the most.
That is all
you need to send. When I was heavily involved in building my list and marketing
to it, my formula was to send out one week with a 3-5 page article, and the
next week was a solo advertisement for something I wanted to promote.
Then the week
after that was another 3-5 page article on something my subscribers wanted to
know about, etc
So I just
alternated between content and an ad and it was very successful. I have since
slacked off with my ezine a bit as I have been involved in other things, but am
going back to this same schedule in 2009 as people will be fine with the ads as
long as the weeks that have content are informative.
I do not
suggest sending out 2 ads per week (unless you are launching a product that
week, so you very rarely do more then one ad per week) or even lots of content
a few times a week.
Simply
emailing your list more then once per week is normally too much.
The only way
this works is if your ezine is actually built around a daily schedule.
For instance,
“A Joke-A-Day” style ezines are actually quite popular with office workers as
they get a new joke (or funny picture or whatever) everyday and may actually be
looking forward to it!
But I’m not
really talking about those types of ezines in this report. I want you to focus
on a content driven ezine that can help build your business and be a reliable
source of income for you.
- Format
There are
three different types of formats that you can use when publishing your ezine
that work.
- Put the entire ezine in an email
This is the
way I have done it the entire time I have published an ezine.
I just put
the introduction, short ad blurb and article all in one email and send it out
to all of my subscribers.
This is the
easiest way to do things as it doesn’t require much editing.
I also always
send it out as text and not an HTML page as those can still cause problems with
some email readers.
- PDF File
Another
popular option is put your article in a PDF downloadable file and then send an
email to your list telling them where they can download the file.
This has the
added benefit of people being able to save it to their computer and view it
later (more views means more people will click on the links in your ezine which
means more traffic for you)
This also has
an added benefit of a viral effect. You can put at the bottom (or top if you
really want to stress it) of your ezine that they can pass the PDF file to
their friends or make it downloadable on their web site or blog.
This can help
introduce your ezine to people who are not yet subscribed to it. And of course,
if your content is good and they like your ezine, they can go subscribe!
A PDF file
format is certainly a decent option if you like the ideas above, and you can
create PDF file for free with something like:
www.pdf995.com
- HTML Page
The last
option is an HTML page where you put your ezine issue on your web site as a
regular HTML page, then email your subscribers and give them the link to the
latest issue.
This has the
same benefit as the PDF file where people can refer their friends, or link to
it from their own web site or blog which can generate more subscribers for you.
And it has an
additional benefit of being able to use HTML in your ezine if you wanted to do
more interactive content like pictures, flash animations or even video.
Which brings
me to my next point, video and audio.
If you can
add these to your free ezine to explain your articles/ideas, I cannot see why
it wouldn’t attract subscribers.
People are
drawn to entertaining videos (just look at youtube.com’s success) so adding
these to your free ezine could certainly help its success!
- How to structure your ezine
There is a
certain format that I like to follow that accomplished quite a few things.
Here it is:
- Greeting
with a short introduction on what this issues article will be about..
- A short ad
on a product that I am recommending
- The article
- My resource
box
- A list of
helpful links
- Subscriber
information
Let me just
give you an example of an one of my old issues of my newsletter to give you an
idea of a working format.
Hi –firstname-
Today's article focuses on a killer conversion tactic!
Before I get to that, I want to remind you of some
good deals still going...
The 4 Week Profit Blueprint offer that'll show you how to
create your
own successful web site in just 4 weeks is
red hot!
C'lick here:
(your suggested link)
And of course the deal I told you about the other day
where you can get some very professional graphics to
help increase your responses is getting good reviews.
Check it out at:
(your suggested link)
--
Today's article is a snippet right out of my
'Convert More Visitors' product that people love..
You can see what it's all about at:
------ link removed as product has been discontinued----
Enjoy today's article!
Your Name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MAIN ARTICLE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Note: You can use the article below in your own newsletter
or on your web site as long as it remains completely intact,
with resource box and copyright included.
Use "Relation" And Skyrocket Conversions!
(c) "The Time" by Your Name
Out of all of the copywriting techniques that I
have used to boost sales, one stands out above
the rest when used correctly.
This technique is what I like to call "relation". It usually
comes in the form of directly relating to the reader
to build a rapport and a sort of credibility with them.
If you have read up on copywriting, you know that
credibility in a sales letter can be the ultimate element
for increasing sales ratios.
For building that credibility and rapport, I like to
use relation techniques to compel the reader to
not just read my letter, but to comprehend it and
take action.
Relation is most commonly used in the fashion of a
passionate story. I am sure you have heard from copywriters
that telling a passionate story about your product or the
people who use your product can explode your sales.
This is often done by putting the reader in a certain
scenario in which he/she can achieve by purchasing your
product. Like how their life would be if they lost that
50 pounds(if you are selling a weight loss product), or
maybe how much better they could live if they made
an extra $2,000 per month, you get the point.
I call this future relation as you are relating to what
their life would be like in the future (after they have bought
and used your product). This is much easier to do, and
the route most copywriters will take.
A more effective but harder example of relation is when
you relate to the reader's current situation, and then trigger
their emotions about the future with other components of the
sales letter (like bullet points, benefits, etc...)
I find this harder to do because not all products are direct
solutions. Now don't get me wrong, most successful products
are in fact solutions to a problem, but the problem isn't
always relatable to the reader's current situation.
I am sure you have seen the rags to riches stories in the
Internet marketing world. This is an example of relation
(although a bit overused these days).
I have been testing different forms of relation
on just about all of my sites, and the orders are certainly
increasing with each new direct relation technique I can
employ on my sales letters.
Another way to relate is very simple. Actually, you have
most likely already heard about it. Almost every copywriting
book that I have bought brushes on it, but I figure I would
tell you since we are on the subject.
It is relating the price of your product, to something that
the reader is very familiar with. No doubt you have seen this
before.
For instance, Ryan Brown does a good job of this on his
List and Traffic membership. He relates the price to a pizza.
Check out: (recommended link)
That is a good example of this form of relation. Everybody
is familiar with buying a pizza.
It is an easy way to show the reader that they spend that
kind of money on other things like cheap food all
the time, why not buy something that can give back and
is guaranteed.
So you see, relating with your readers in any way is an
excellent and very profitable way to boost sales.
See you at the bank,
Your Name
----------------------
Your Name is a 10 year veteran of online marketing
who has
helped thousands of online marketers grow
very
profitable business. For more information on how
to escape the
rat race, subscribe to his newsletter at:
"Your preferred link" Free Bonuses For Subscribing!
-- End of Article --
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-- End of Article --
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Link Of
Interest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Add your
links here
To unsubscribe or change subscriber options visit:
------ unsubscribe link goes here ------
Notice this
part:
Note:
You can use the article below in your own newsletter
or on your web site as long as it remains completely intact,
with resource box and copyright included.
or on your web site as long as it remains completely intact,
with resource box and copyright included.
I allow any of
my readers to use my article on their site or in their ezine as long as they
keep the little box below the article that has my link in it.
I suggest you
do these same as that one little “note” has generated a ton of free exposure
for me and made me many profits.
I have seen
my articles show up everywhere because of that one sentence. And of course they
all have my link at the bottom going back to my site so that I get even more
subscribers!
This format
also allows me to advertise a little bit while still providing the content.
I think it’s
a good mixture without overdoing it.
You can copy
this format if you wish, or test out your ideas.
The important
thing is the good fresh content delivered to your readers on a regular basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment